Disclaimer: This document was translated into English (US) from its original version in Japanese. If there is any conflict of understanding due to the translation of this document, the Japanese version shall take precedence over the English version.
In regards to handling personal information, we acknowledge the importance and sociality of protecting personal information. We employees and executives will strive to appropriately protect personal information through the methods stated below, and through creating the “Personal Information Management System” that meets the JISQ15001 (demands in the management system regarding protection of personal information), by abiding by the management system and laws and other standards regarding personal information.
1. Definition of Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. understands personal information as information pertaining to existing persons stipulated in laws regarding personal information protection (name, birth date, and other information that can be used to identify an individual), as well as email addresses, use ID, passwords, credit cards used in connection with specific persons, and finally interests, family structure, age, and other attributed information of an individual that is associated with personal information.
2. Cookies/ IP Address Information
Cookies and IP address information is not considered personal information, as they cannot be used alone to differentiate an individual. However, if this information were to be used in connection with personal information, the information will be considered to be personal information.
Regarding media operated by SKIYAKI Inc., the purpose and method of cookie and IP address information usage will be disclosed in the case of usage, even if specific people cannot be identified by so doing. Also, cookie information can be rejected through browser settings. It will also be disclosed if certain services are to be unavailable due to rejecting cookies.
3. Specification of Purpose for Personal Information Usage
When handling personal information, SKIYAKI Inc. will specify, to their best effort, the purpose of use regarding such information.
4. Restrictions on Usage of Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. will never use personal information beyond the purpose of achieving the purpose of usage without gaining the prior approval of the individual. In the case of mergers or other reasons, SKIYAKI Inc. will not use any newly acquired personal information beyond the realm of purpose of use prior to succession without gaining the prior approval of the individual. However, this is not the case for the following situations:
- （1）If it is based on a law;
- （2）When it is needed for the protection of a person’s life, body or assets and is difficult to obtain approval form the individual;
- （3）When it is need for the improvement of public hygiene or when promotion of healthy development of children is especially needed but the individual is hard to reach for approval;
- （4）When we are required to assist in the execution of business entrusted by a national institution or regional public organizations, but when obtaining approval from the individual would hinder the execution of said business.
5. Rightful Acquisition of Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. will acquire personal information by rightful means and shall never do so with false or other dishonest or illegal means. Furthermore, we will strive not to collect personal information of those younger than the age of 15 without their parental consent.
6. Notification of Purpose of Use when Obtaining Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. will disclose the intended purpose of used at the time of collecting personal information. However, the following statements are exceptions:
- （1）When there is the fear of harming the life, body, assets or other rights and interests of the individual or third party by notifying the individual about the intended purpose of used;
- （2）When there is the fear of damaging the legal benefits or rights of SKIYAKI Inc. by notifying or disclosing the intended purpose of use to the individual;
- （3）When there is the fear of preventing the execution of business by disclosing to or notifying the intended purpose of use to the individual, when cooperation is needed by national institutions or regional public organizations to carry out business as prescribed in the law;
- （4）When the intended purpose of use is deemed to be self-explanatory judging by the situation of acquisition.
7. Change of Intended Purpose of Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. will notify the individual or disclose the change in intended purpose of use of personal information in the case there is to be a change, however this will not go beyond the rationally approved scope of pre-change purposes of use if there is a significant relevance.
8. Safe Management of Personal Information/ Monitoring of Employees
SKIYAKI Inc. will set measures for personal information protection so that personal information is not leaked, lost, or damaged, that other personal information is safely managed, as well as appropriately monitor employees to follow the measures.
9. Monitoring of the Consignee
When part or all of personal information handling is to be consigned, SKIYAKI Inc. will enter a non-disclosure agreement or require that the consignee agree with the stipulations presented by SKIYAKI Inc. and will monitor the consignee as necessary so that personal information is safely stored on the end of the consignee.
10. Restrictions Presented to Third Parties
SKIYAKI Inc. will never present personal information to a third party without the prior approval of the individual except for the following reasons.
- (1) If it is based on a law;
- (2) When it is needed for the protection of a person’s life, body or assets and is difficult to obtain approval form the individual;
- (3) When it is need for the improvement of public hygiene or when promotion of healthy development of children is especially needed but the individual is hard to reach for approval;
- (4) When we are required to assist in the execution of business entrusted by a national institution or regional public organizations, but when obtaining approval from the individual would hinder the execution of said business.
- (5) When matters have been disclosed or published at a prior time;
- 1．Include providing of information to a third party;
- 2．Data items to be provided to a third party
- 3．Methods or means used to provide the information to a third party
4．Terminate the providing of information to a third party based on the individual’s demand;
However, the following incidents do not constitute a third party presented above;
- （1）When SKIYAKI Inc. will consign part of all of the handling of personal information within the necessary scope of achieving the intended purpose of use;
- （2）When personal information is to be provided as part of business succession due to a merger or other reason;
- （3）When personal information is to be jointly used between specified parties the individual is previously informed or can easily be aware of personal information items that are to be jointly used, the scope of those jointly using the information, the intended purpose of use of those using the information as well as the names and titles of those response for managing said personal information, SKIYAKI Inc. will notify the individual or make sure that the individual is in a situation where he can be aware of the situation in the case that personal information is to be jointly used between specific parties, the names and titles of persons response for management are to change, and the content of said changes.
11. Disclosure of Items related to Personal Information
For the following items pertaining to personal information, SKIYAKI Inc. will place the individual in a situation where he is informed and will also respond to demands of the individual without delay.
- （1）Intended purpose of use of personal information; (However, with regard to laws relating protection of personal information, items that are not required under such an obligation will be exempt. If it is decided that answers are not to be given, this will be informed to the individual without delay.)
- （2）An information desk specific to personal information
12. Disclosure of Personal Information
If asked to do so, SKIYAKI Inc. will disclose personal information to the individual without delay. However, if any of the following apply due to disclosing information, all or part of said information will not be disclosed, and should nondisclosure be determined, that will be informed to the individual without delay.
- （1）When there is the fear of harming the life, body, assets or other rights and interests of the individual;
- （2）When there is the fear that severe damage will be inflicted upon the proper execution of the business of SKIYAKI Inc.;
- （3）When it goes against other laws and legislation
Furthermore, information other than personal information such as access logs will, as principle, not be disclosed.
13. Correction of Personal Information, Etc.
If SKIYAKI Inc. is notified by an individual that the personal information provided is to be amended, modified or erased (hereinafter denoted as ‘CORRECTIONS, ETC.’) because it is inaccurate, said content of personal information will be researched without delay within the scope necessary to achieve the intended purpose of use and amended according to the results so long as it does not include special procedures according to stipulations of another law, and notified to the individual.
14. Termination of Use of Personal Information
SKIYAKI Inc. will notify the individual of the termination of use of personal information should the individual demand the termination of use or deletion of personal information (hereinafter denoted as ‘SUSPENSION OF USE ETC.’) because said information was handled outside the previously disclosed scope of intended use, or that it has been used falsely or obtained by other illegal means, after the completion of necessary investigation, without delay. However, if a large sum of money is required for the termination of use of said personal information and other suspension of use is difficult, reimbursement will be required if means are taken to protect the individual’s rights and interests.
15. Explanation of Purpose
If SKIYAKI Inc. is to determine any of the following:
- （1）will not notify the intended purpose of use;
- （2）will not disclose part of all of the personal information;
- （3）will not suspend the use of personal information;
- （4）will not suspend the provision of personal information to a third party;
regardless of the individual’s demands, we will make an effort to explain the reasons to the individual at the time.